Monday, September 21, 2015

Robert Manriquez; Model Two (Cage) Week 4

Cage
 While maintaining the one hour limit, I created this birdcage. I know it wouldn't fly in reality, however I kept myself motivated by Zaha Hadids work. The use of straight edges and circular patterns create a nice flow of movement throughout her work. I wanted to emulate that feeling as best as I could within the allotted time span I gave myself.

 The techniques I used were pipes, curves, planes, cylinders, trims, differences, unions, and cylinders. I kept it rather basic because of time limitations, however I am completely satisfied with the outcome. I used pipes for the stand and the sharp geometry as the cage body.

I used a dark glass for the body so you could see all of the model. I wanted the stands to be visible and the extra motion that's going on behind the glass to add some business. The subtle addition of the Axalta stands shows the dissonance in the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment