Monday, September 28, 2015

Simon Fields Week 4 3d Print Progress






  • Description: I love the fact that we were given free reign on what we wanted to make for our 3d Print Project. I thought of making some sort of cool back scratch-er of some sort, because I honestly been needing to have one for myself! I also like sci-fi and robots, so I decided to make a robot arm type for this project.   
  • Modeling techniques: I mainly used to Maya to create the Robot arm because I am most familiar with using it. Usually I have an image plane to help guide me as I model but I only went by the sketch I had in my notebook. I made use of extruding and appending polygons for a lot of this model. I moved the arm afterwards into Rhino so I can separate the layers better and for when I re-size the model for print.
  • Choices made: For the material in Keyshot I used mainly metals to emphasize the concept of a Robot arm. I used aluminum and chromes for this. For the lighting I wanted to show differences in contrast of the model when the lighting is dark versus the lighting being bright.

1 comment:

  1. That's an aggressive looking back scratcher :O

    I'll take two.

    ReplyDelete