Sunday, October 10, 2021

AKHIL MULUKUTLA: WEEK 4 PROJECT 2

 


PROJECT 2: ADORNMENT














Concept: I decided to do my project based on totem poles as the stacking allowed for me to create a variety of different joints. This way I could highlight the specific joints while having a uniform composition.

Techniques: I started by building the body of the birds along with the detail associated with them including the beak and wings. Following that I created the ring joint at the very top so that a chain can pass through. I referenced a ball and socket joint that allows for movement (white ball and socket joint in reference) for the first joint and the claw joint (blue one) for the second. 

Materials: Besides the 3D print materials such as filament and a 3D printer, I simply used Rhino and Keyshot. Keyshot was fairly simple as I wanted to make it look like the 3D print I had created. I used a hard rough plastic texture to make the keyshot render as realistic as possible.























No comments:

Post a Comment