Friday, October 22, 2021

Andrew Bitar: Project 3 Waffle Construction Vessel


Concept: For this project I decided to go with a vase like structure that can hold plants. In addition I wanted to incorporate an animal into the design. I didn't want to do the typical vase with an animal plastered on it, so I went with an animal that would have features that would better fit that idea. I ended up with a peacock as the vase and the flowers as its feathered tail.

Tech: I started with a sphere model for the body and head. I used rebuild for both of those object so I can add more control potential control points for manipulation of the model. For the neck I used control point curve then used pipe with the flat top. for the vessel creation I created 2 pipes, one small an one big. The small one was used for the head and the bigger one was for the rear end. I used boolean difference to create the hole as part of the vessel.



Materials: In Keyshot I used a blue maps with a hint of reflective surface. The specific name is Blurred Clouds Normal. I went with that to emulate the reflective texture that a real peacock has. I also put so flowers that are not a part of the model but were placed to bring the vision closer to I had in mind.


New Design











No comments:

Post a Comment