Monday, October 4, 2021

Cristian Resendiz Week 4 Project 2


Concept:

     My main inspiration for this project was the vaporwave aesthetic. I really liked the bright neon colors and how everything is very retro looking. The main things I took from the reference images was the colors, the structure, and the feel of them. For example since pillars and palm trees are usually put together with vaporwave I added them to my project.



Techniques:  

    The main bulk of the work involved using lots of simple shapes and using Boolean2Objects. Such as the pillar and the tree, I first put them together with various cylinders on the side, then once they were put in place I booleaned them together onto the base. The base where everything resides on is a cube I used the MoveEdges tool and adjusted the left, right, and front sides to make it a gradual slope. The TV I had a bit of issues putting together but I eventually got the shape I wanted by first creating a block and BooleanDifferencing a sphere into it. Then I used the Scale tool to shrink it down slightly and did the same to another cube which would be the TV. Once everything was done I used the Contour tool to create my curves for the cutting process. I used the ExtrudeCrv tool to extrude the curves into shapes and create what the model would look like once cut and put together. Finally once I liked how it looked I used the Move tool to line up all the curves in the reference area and get them ready to be cut.

 

 Materials:

    For the key shots I started it with no textures first to get a look of the shape clearly before I added them to the shot. Then applied an old wood texture to get an idea of what it would look like put together since it was the closest to a cardboard texture. Since I knew the things I would add later on would be difficult to add here I added some solid colors on the most important parts to mark them.The lighting was set on the preset Jewelry mode and I adjusted the brightness a bit. Finally adding the post processing to the project was quite difficult. I wanted to give the project a bit of volume so I used construction paper to do so. For the pillar, tree, and record I covered them separately from the base so it wouldn't be so difficult to add them later. Once those were done and the main white coat was added I placed the pink border around all of the edges and on the bottom, along with adding some decals on the front.

Final:


No comments:

Post a Comment