Monday, October 4, 2021

Aleyna Enriquez: Week 4 Project 2

Concept:
The concept for my design came from life images from Goldfish. I used models of gold fish jumping out of fish bowls. I had inspiration from my old works from previous classes. I liked the idea of a charm or accessory that could be warn on a person or bag. I wanted a fish jumping out of a bowl for the piece.
Aleyna Enriquez Project 2
small scale by Aleyna Enriquez




Techniques:
I used many different tools and techniques to create this design. I started by placing my inspiration side view to create general simple shapes. First, I created the body by using a sphere, then I used paraboloid for both the head and tail. I created the lips by using an ellipsoid. I used a torus for the lids of the eyes, and for the ring. I used a sphere for the eyes. for the fins I used a control point curve, polyline, and then fillet curve to round out the edge. Lastly, I used a cube and cylinder to carve out my first joint. I used the Boolean union tool and Boolean difference tools in areas that seemed appropriate. I did a similar thing for the joint tail, only difference is that i used cones for the snap joint. I used cylinders, cube and sphere to create the double lap joint that would connect the fish to the water. to create my ball joint I used two spheres and made one hug the other, leaving two slits one the opposite side of each other. One of the spheres is connected to a cylinder that connects to a ellipsoid. to make the shape smooth I used surface tools and curve tools. For the bowl and water I simply used two spheres and a cube using only Boolean difference. for the tail and top fin, I used control point curves and positioned them and then lofted them. 












Materials:
For the materials used I wanted the fish to stand out so found soft yellow spray paint in. For the eyes I used a black paint marker. For the front back and top fin I only wanted to use them a a reference for fabric that would be used; I used orange fabric.  For the water I used a dark clear/white plastic. for the eye lid and eyes wanted to make them stand out, I used soft orange and mat black. For the bowl I used glass and for the water I made a blue resin. I used a keychain for the fish to hold on too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment