Sunday, October 3, 2021

Keyerra Reed: Week 4 Project 2



Concept:

For this project I was first inspired by a unique event found in nature. Specifically the ability some animals retain to regenerate various limbs. Species such as Octopi, Alligators, Jellyfish, Axolotls, are just some of the many animals that have this characteristic. I decided to focus on the Chameleon for this assignment. I wanted to incorporate a practical element to my design and decided to make my sculpture into a desk ornament that functioned as a cupholder. 









Techniques:
I started my process in Maya since I was more comfortable building a model in that software. The model was created from cube and cylinder polygons which were then transformed by rearranging vertices and edges in the perspective and side viewports. Some areas required me to use the tools like the insert edge loop tool, append to polygon, and multi-cut. After constructing what I had envisioned in Maya, I imported the 3D model into Rhino for serial slicing.








Materials:
For the base of the sculpture I wanted to use wood, which I would then spray paint to look like stone. The chameleon as a whole would be made of cardboard. I wanted to papier-mâché it and then paint it with various acrylic paints.








No comments:

Post a Comment