Sunday, October 24, 2021

Keyerra Reed: Week 7 Waffle Construction Vessel

 




Concept:

The difference between this project and others is that the professor wanted us to consider the inside of our model as well as the outside. I chose to create a vessel that resembled a Venus Flytrap, taking inspiration from their shape and use of clamping trap leaves to draw in insects. I wanted to emphasize the inside portion of the model by making it a lamp or lighted structure. I felt this would also further link it to its biological counter part as insects are drawn to light in a similar way as they are drawn to the nectar of the Venus Flytrap.






Techniques:

I created the model completely in Rhino. I used tools such as boolean difference, split, trim, and extrude planar curve to create my design. An outsources script plug in was then used to create the notches in the model. Though it didn't work completely, resulting in me having to add cuts manually. The plug in that was intended to "unroll" the sections had not worked correctly either. I had to place the sections onto the bottom plane manually as well.




Materials:

I chose wood as my material due to its organic nature, as it relates to the overall plant theme I had created.  The model is meant to be placed on a desk or nightstand. Its meant to provide light to the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment