Tuesday, October 12, 2021

John Onomo: Week 4 Project2 Adorment





















    While in the process of  coming up with a design, I was watching Gundam and got inspired by one of the mobile suits (robots) the Sazabi. The main defining design element that set the Sazabi apart from the other MSs is the curve/ smooth design of the panels. This is something I wanted to copy in my design so I made the two fins first. I got inspired by the coiling of snakes and the shape that they keep will doing it so I made the spirals that move towards the center. Sticking with the robot/ machine theme, I made the piece symmetrical at the x axis out of inspiration of the All-Spark from Transformers and  propellers from old bi-planes.
    The first part I wanted to make were the two fins on the spirals. I made the base shape(where the ball-n-socket is) and sweep 2 rail it, making one rail straight and one following the curve along the side. After this, I moved on to the spirals themselves. I did the same process but this time made the rails parallel to each other in order to make a coiling effect. The ball-n-socket is was made by extruding a circle and cutting the required diameter for the ball. 
    The materials I used in KeyShot were the smooth plastic for both the reds and the blues because I wanted them to be gloss like the Sazabi in Gundam. The black for the locks are the also smooth black plastic. The environment I went for was a park setting so I found a skydome that was in the middle of someone's backyard. I modeled the benches and the trees to enhance that setting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment