Sunday, October 10, 2021

Miko Aguon - Adornment -

 

Concept

     While simple, the idea was to make a locket that used image plates instead of photos. The image plates would be changed in and out- which is why I have interchangeable parts as an inspiration. Rather than switching out gun parts to repair weapons, simply switch out parts of the locket to style it to your own tastes. The inhaler you see on screen is actually inspiration for some of the locking systems, as it utilizes a locking mechanism I hoped to use. I can't find a good picture of it sadly. 



After messing up the first concept, I had to redo it. I only had 1 lock in the last piece but on the new piece, three new parts. I have a hinge lock, a tension lock, and a slide lock. It was annoying trying to figure it out but eventually I got it and it looks great. 

                                        

The locket in its entirety and in its separate pieces. I spent 5 whole hours tediously getting every detail on the locket right, trying to perfect its locking systems and figure out how it actually worked. Once I started to get the base done, I put the top plate (with the ring) on and image plate. The problem with the image plate, is that you can't insert and slide it without bumping into the wall of the base, so I deleted the base, simple. The ring to hold a chain was just a cylinder that was rotated and booleaned. The bottom plate had a tension lock, base had the slides, and the image plate had a slide key. The faceplate had a hinge, and believe me. I HATE HINGES NOW. I spent a whole day looking for a hinge and trying to replicate it, but I couldn't fit it on the locket. I spent hours working on this annoying piece to no avail. I almost gave up but I finally found one hinge on google images that was easy to replicate. Rather than all the other hinges having three pieces or more, this one had 2 simple pieces- and so I slipped it on the model, nice and easy. I finished up the touches by lining things up a little better, manually using a scale of .125 inches to move things. 



Naked Edges

Perspectives




No comments:

Post a Comment