Sunday, October 10, 2021

Yadira Anguiano: Week 4 Project 2 Adornment

 CONCEPT


My design was originally inspired by vintage lockets with a mix of lore from the concept of one of my favorite series. In the series, one of the characters’ special attributes are their metal hand chains, so I wanted something of a similar metal. I decided to keep a “creepy” vintage look to the locket also to pay tribute to the series’ aesthetic. I ended up not keeping a lot of the original design and completely reworking my idea to create something more functional, but I kept the basic metal locket idea. 


TECHNIQUES


To create my locket I began with ellipse curves. Then, I used the patch tool to create a rounded surface. To add dimension to the locket top and bottom, I used offset surface. For the bail, I created and extruded a curve and then used a box confinement to shape it. For the hinge, I created a cylinder and two spheres, and created a positive and negative side by using Boolean union and Boolean difference. The lock was made with solids and a rail. 



MATERIALS

In Keyshot, I chose a dark metal and since I wanted it to match its chain. I added in a model to display the locket being worn here as well. In post processing, I had to make some adjustments since my model didn’t print correctly & I made some physics errors. To get the model color, I used metallic paints and did a couple of thin layers and sealing it with a waterproof spray afterward. I also made a clay piece to fit inside the locket, to show that it’s meant to store and hold something inside. Here I also added the necklace chain and a choker so the locket could be worn. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment