Sunday, October 31, 2021

Week 10: Project 3 Makercase Lamp

 Aleyna Enriquez: Makercase Lamp

Concept: 

My inspiration came from minimalist art and line art. My plan is to use the lamp in my own home, I have a lot of natural colors. The interior design of my home: Boho, Minimalist, naturalistic, and Modern. I wanted to add a face because architecture, nature, and humans are beautiful. I like the idea of a lamp looking aesthetic. I also wanted to add this into my portfolio, going for a more professional design looks better in my portfolio. 

Technique: 
I went on Makercase.com to create a 4x5x4 in basic box, with thickness at 1/4in, finger joints at 1.0915, and it is a closed box. I then transferred the box plans by DFX.

I didn't want to spend all my time creating curves so when I created my line art I used adobe Illustrator. When I saved the file I made sure the option "create PDF compatible file" was clicked. I then opened the file on rhino and the line art transferred over. 

With the lines, I made them into surfaces by clicking the blue dot (.25), I then made them stick out just a little bit, and moved them into a new layer. In order to make the paint surface I copied over the individual sides and Boolean difference the surface. I then moved them over to the right place. For some of the more elaborate Surfaces I had to use polyline and line segments. for the inner cuts I created surfaces from the lines, made sure they are closed lines, created (.25) surfaces, and then used Boolean difference.   









No comments:

Post a Comment