Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sebastian Tatum: Week 4 Project 2


Week 4 Project 2: Wearable TP Cannon

 For this project I decided to do something a little crazy. Halloween is coming up so why not try to make a wearable toilet paper cannon. Toilet paper cannons are essentially just a leaf blower, paint roller, and a bit of duct tape. The leaf blower blow air across the top of a roll of toilet paper, which spins the roll and shoots of the paper. To make this I needed a smaller leaf blower, so I settled on a battery operated air pump. As for the design, I decided to not go over board with filament consumption, so the toilet paper roll holder was only gonna have one arm, but to help the roll rotate I had to modify it to a two arm design.




For this design, I found myself using relatively simple commands. However, for the outlet piece that slides onto the pump I used a loft command. The outlet is constructed of two lofts, they were both two circles and a rectangle, one set on the inside and one for the outside. For the hinge, I decided to use a print-in-place design that would allow me to print the model as one piece. The hinge is designed as two bodies with the pin of the hinge being built in to one, that way when they print they are inseparable. 






For the renderings, I decided to use a flat black plastic material for my design. I printed the design out of black Inland PLA+, which I use commonly and have my printer dialed in to. For the printer, I used my trusty, heavily modded, Creality Ender-3. To reduce the print times I printed the models with a .28 layer height. That did reduce print quality, but i finished all my models with some black paint and varnish.

























No comments:

Post a Comment