Sunday, October 24, 2021

Willie Grandison: Project 3 Waffle Construction Vessel






 concept: For my concept, I wanted to create something similar in structure to the Eiffel tower. To make it my own I made my design more circular and designed it almost like a lighthouse. The top of the model is where the light is to be placed and it should shine through the wider opening in the top area.










Technique: To make my model I first used the torus geometry to model the base. I then would place smaller and smaller torus shapes above each other and for each set of 2, I used the blend tool to give it more of a curve while also connecting the two shapes. I then contoured the model on the X and Y-axis. After, I used planar curves on both my X and Y cuts. Following that, I was able to use the two scripts we were given to first give my model the notches then unroll so I van set It up for laser cutting.


Material: The materials I used were 3 pieces of birch Plywood and Loctite when necessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment