Sunday, October 3, 2021

Willie Gr: Week 4 Serial Slicing

 

Concept
My Concept for the design would be try to capture something that would normally be in motion. I wanted to be able to almost press pause on gravity as you watch the ball drop. I was inspired by the candied apple at the fair and also chocolate-dipped apples as well.








Techniques
The model was originally made in Maya. I first started out with a sphere then I went face by face extruding to the length I wanted. After extruding 3 more times I reshaped the end of the extrusions to be small circles which I then smoothened out to look like dripping. I then exported that to rhino where I got the model ready to be exported to keyshot. I did this by making sure the correct materials and layers were assigned. Finally, in keyshot, I used a sunlight source and rotated it until it was at an about 45-degree angle to the model.





Materials
For my materials, I used 3 sheets of cardboard for the base material. Then I used 2 .25 inch wooden dowel rods to align all my layers. After that, I then used Loctite to secure each layer in place. After using the Loctite I covered the model in primer in prep for painting. After Primer I used to more coats of paint to give the ball the current color it has now.








No comments:

Post a Comment