Sunday, October 31, 2021

Travis Briney: Week 10 Makercase Lamp

Travis Briney: Week 9 Makercase Lamp

 


Concept: My references for my lamp design originated from organisms, mainly the desert to go with the idea of a bright sun shining down on them. I also thought the light colored wood would be fitting with the colors found in a desert. The only design I got from another source was the bird design, which I just got from a random picture of a bird.



Techniques: To start off, I dragged my reference image into Rhino and used the Circle command to make the inner cut template. I would then use the Curve command to trace the outlines of my designs. While doing so, I would snap the start of the curves to the circle so I could Split the circle later on and Join my curves with the original circle. I would then Mirror my design for one side along a line to eventually make 4 identical sides. Since my designs were 2 dimensional, I then used the ExtrudeCrv command to extrude my designs out to .25 inches exactly to fit the model. I would then just gumball rotate all of the sides to their correct position in 3 dimensions and use the Move command to snap them together. I also used the Hatch command to make the engravings for the star in my designs.




Materials: I used a light colored oak plywood material to model my lamp. I then applied a piece of geometry inside my lamp and applied a general light material on it. I then set the background as an inside environment and used the right amount of panning and rotation to get the best result for the post-processing pictures. 





No comments:

Post a Comment