Sunday, October 24, 2021

Paige Brown: Week 7 Waffle Construction Vessel

 


I had hoped to create a lamp based off a fish bowl design. Circular in form with a paper tube inserted through the center to decorate the bowl with images of fish and aquatic decor.

I initally thought we had to plan the waffle structure itself so I looked up images of waffle construction to help with planning. It wasn't needed in the end but planning it out didn't hurt either.


The model with layers shown.


I created the model by mostly using booleans.

 I started with an upright cylander and intersected two horizontal cylanders and used booleanDifference to create the base. I used the same method to create the socket hole but with a smaller upright cylander.
I used booleanSplit to seperate the long cylander I used to make the base and made the upper half the paper tube inside.

The bowl was made using a sphere that I used booleanDifference on to flatten the top and bottom along with the inside.

Overall, it was simple to create.




The lamp was physically built using birch plywood and a combanation of loctite and hot glue. The paper tube was set inside after the socket and bulb were installed.






No comments:

Post a Comment