Sunday, October 10, 2021

Travis Briney: Week 4 Project 2

 Project 2: Adornment



Concept: Above are my reference pictures I used for the drawings and sketches of the model. I wanted to use the style of repeated flowers around an arm rather than just one central piece with a regular bracelet string attached. I used the top left image as a reference for the flower shape, and originally wanted to do several different flowers. I realized later that the flowers I had would be too thin to print and would break easily.





Techniques: I started out using the Torus command to create a torus that would act as the bracelet itself. Next, I made a flower petal and used the Loft and ExtrudePlanarSrf commands to close the polysurface. I would then use the ArrayCrv command to array the flower petals around a base to create a flower shape. Then, I would dig holes in the torus by using a BooleanDifference command so I could insert the yellow flowers. Once everything was designed, I used the BooleanUnion command to join the bracelet and some of the flowers.





Materials: The materials I used in Keyshot were a cherry red glass material and a lemon drop colored plastic. The cherry red glass was similar to the watermelon red glass PLA I printed with. The lemon drop plastic was very similar to the standard yellow PLA I used for the attachable flowers.










No comments:

Post a Comment