Sunday, October 3, 2021

Anita Chap Week 4 Serial Slicing



Concept: My inspiration came from an old geometric picture I created of my dog. Thinking more about it I thought it would be cool to do a geometric model of a wolf since dogs evolved from wolves. I also thought about how October was almost here and skeletons are staple decorate during Halloween so, I really liked the idea of separating the slicing to kind of imitate the bones of the rib cage in a wolf's skeleton. 




Technique: I first tried modeling in Rhino but I wasn't having any luck since I don't have a lot of experience in Rhino so I decided to model a wolf in Maya. After I finished modeling my wolf I exported and then imported it into Rhino and resized it so it was at least longer than 12inches. I then followed the tutorial videos on serial slicing and sliced my model and laid it out on my ref box and got it cut out. Once I got my cut outs back I put all the cuts onto the wooden dowels and moved around the cuts to get my ideal model. In the end I ended up taking a few cuts out of the rib cage and neck. After I was happy I took little parts and glued them together then painted it over and repeated till I was done. 





Materials:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment