Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blake Artesi: Slots


The slots that I decided to create came from a few different inspirations.  My big inspiration for all of these were the rims on car wheels.  The way the rims radiate their design and, while not too radiated, I still had them in mind when I created them.  Especially the one on the far left, where as you look from top to bottom, or vise versa, it's like the pieces are rotating in the middle.  Pointing down on top then it turns to point up on the bottom (spinning wheel).  Another big inspiration was my wrist watch, which is implemented mainly in the slot on the right side of the picture.  I used many polar arrays and I wanted to make the one on the right look even more "watch like" so I put in the plus shaped design in the middle.  To me it kind of resembles the hand on a watch.  For the more triangle shaped piece on top, I was still thinking of wheels, but I also started thinking of ninja throwing stars (not entirely sure why those popped into my head but they did).  So I wanted to make a triangle, even if it is small and make a shape out of it.  I simply used circles and the Curve Boolean to cut out the curved shapes int he corners of the triangle.


Displaying IMG_1069.JPG

Displaying IMG_1070.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment