Monday, October 27, 2014

Coleman Eubanks: Slots

 


Here are my screens for the slots project.  I decided to work with a horizontally symmetric form instead of radial or vertical symmetry.  I decided my base form would be a pentagon.  This does create some issues especially when tiling, but I've used the gaps between the individual modules to create smaller connectors and pieces.  I'm using 1/8 inch tempered woodboard for my laser cut.



For the creation of the modules, I used basic curve creation and booleans to form the different pieces.  I decided to maintain a geometric pattern with my engraving to ensure continuity throughout the modules.  Each of the modules are variations upon a theme.  They all have similar elements, but they all bring something new to the table.

Below is a composition using the cut slots:





No comments:

Post a Comment