Monday, October 27, 2014

Edgar Cortez - Slots

For this project, I wanted to start with this triangle highlighter as the basic shape. I find triangles interesting and I feel like you can make them even more interesting when you start to add lines within the triangle itself.

Reference Image



For my root module I started with a triangle as my base. I then created a smaller triangle with in the base template and proceeded to "cut" into the new triangle by adding rectangles, triangles and a circle.

I knew I wanted to have a piece with arrow shaped ends at the corner so I added a horizontal line at each of the ends of the triangle to make sure I had that arrow shape when I CurveBoolean.

I also added several layers of engravings  of the outline of each triangle to get a repetition and incremented by .5 each time.

Most of the lines come from the center of the root triangle to provide the necessary divisions I made.
Root Module and Variations

I then added rods for connecting piece that match the notch width

48" X 24" Sheet


No comments:

Post a Comment