Saturday, October 25, 2014

Brian Chancellor: Slots




My design was inspired by the ball of whacks.  I have one sitting on my desk in front of me while I work.  I really like the way the triangles combine to form different shapes.  The overall shape of the ball is also very geometric.  From this inspiration I focused on hexagons and sharp edges.  This is how I came to get my root node.

The techniques I used to create these slots are very much the same as the video.  I went and changed the basic shapes to better fit my inspiration but the overall Rhino techniques are the same as the video tutorials.  I added some random circles to engrave on my pieces to differentiate them from the ones shown.


My material is .3 inch thick hardboard which I got at Home Depot.


After a few mistakes and remakes, I got the slots done with the correct notching.  Here is a robot structure I made with my final slots.


No comments:

Post a Comment