Monday, October 6, 2014

Bill Watts: Project 2: Flashlight Sleeve





Inspiration: This flashlight grew out of my initial exploration of Rhino. Each time I would learn a new nifty function in Rhino, I either started over or tore out geometry to employ my newly acquired tool. After learning of the pipe operation, I settled on this design for my flashlight. The design grew from looking at snakes and dragons coiled around vases, and combining that with holes cutting through the geometry. These holes offered an interesting opportunity to take the snakes from existing solely on the exterior as in the picture below, to living inside the geometry as they undulate from interor to exterior. The holes were primarily inspired by the AR Mechnical Mod, which I happened to come in contact with during the flashlight development.




















Snake Vase:
https://shard3.1stdibs.us.com/archivesE/1stdibs/052011/JamesSansumNY_lb520//1/_MG_2729.jpg
AR Mod:
http://www.elektronickacigareta.cz/_data/s_2315/shop/big_ar-mechanical-mod-black-steel.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment