Saturday, October 11, 2014

Nick Adams - Project 2 - Flashlight

Okay so for the Flashlight I didn't know how to use rhino going in and I still would say I prefer other programs. I am not as much a fan of the nurbs modeling process even though there is some cool stuff you can do in it. However I used this as an opportunity to learn some things about Rhino. Below is my shaded wire frame and my wire frame in Rhino.


























Modeling techniques used was almost entirely Boolean. I used tarus's to Boolean out the shape on the handle. I also used scaling and extrusion for the ribbed parts on either end of the flash light.


I then split up the model and put each part onto a separate layer with there own materials to make it easier to use Keyshot.

I then brought the model into Keyshot and did two separate renders to sample materials.
I went ahead and did one just a 






My first thoughts on this was to make something that resembled a casing for a high powered energy source or for a generator. Below are some of my reference for shape as well as concept.




Finally is shape ways verification



No comments:

Post a Comment