Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nathaniel Propp: Week 3 DinoSpeaker



I have created a cavity in the center of my model that runs strait through to the bottom, all while being water tight, to ensure enough room for the components: power cable/battery pack, auxiliary .



For my model I've decided to make the body of a dinosaur. While I did not model the head, I plan on instead using the 3d printed body as a mount for a speaker. I intend to order a small speaker and remove the driver (for an example a miniature speaker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NArg0uy45QY). I might even fashion a horn style casing to help amplify and help establish the speaker drive as its replacement head.

Due to finacial restrictions, my intial printed prototype is 2 inches smaller than I had planned. However, this small scale will help me experiment with different head shapes for the speaker and address any flaws in the design to accompany wire flow.

Initial inpsiration included different popular themes mixed with a bit of old style equipment


No comments:

Post a Comment