Monday, October 13, 2014

Andres Ortiz-Mena Gonzalez Project 2 Flashlight

For the flashlight sleeve I decided to go with a simplistic idea, I went back to think about how for a long time there has been a lot of objects and art pieces done with skulls and skeletons, either by decorating the skull or making an art piece out of it.
The skeleton is an interesting part of every human, when we die we leave this pile of bones that sometimes has been crafted into such interesting things, one can't start doing arts or crafts out of human bodies, but for some reason using skeletons hasn't created the same negative impact.
So I decided to employ this same art onto my flashlight, making the flashlight itself the body of the skeleton in a sarcofagus-like fashion.
 Since I am much familiarized with Maya, I decided to work on it instead of Rhino to build the flashlight.



After sending it to Shapeways, it seems some walls were detected as too thin but when printing it found no such problems

 For Keyshot I decided the materials best suited for the model were of Leather for the handle and for the skeleton itself to made out of glass, as I feel the colors blend well and it would make the flashlight have an older feeling. It's such a shame that it would be extremely expensive to have it be like this in real life.


Sadly the flashlight was badly printed out


No comments:

Post a Comment