Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bradley Cruse: Assignment 3 Sebastian

Week 6: Project 3 model was actually Assignment 2 failure. Sliced it in 123D Make.
Week 7: Rendered all shots, collected support material and organized posts.

source
http://www.zeno.org/Kunstwerke/B/Tizian%3A+Averoldi-Altarpolyptychon%3A+Hl.+Sebastian

The third assignment was to slice a model for a laser cutter. This is actually the model I was originally planning to use for the flashlight case. The model I had looked as if the light was shooting out of him causing agony. after I sliced it with the dowel holes it made me think of St Sebastian. Above is an example of Titian's. The image below represents the sliced version from 123D Make, re-imported into Maya to show the wireframe. The original was a base mesh in Maya that I brought into ZBrush to sculpt out. I dynameshed it so it had something like 250,000 points which is why wireframing that would have been pointless.







I think to actually show this I would like a mahogany look. The holes are good but I think I would insert dowels (to represent arrows) if I ever showed this in a gallery.




2 comments:

  1. please use the techniques that I outline and teach in class for processing models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring your model into rhino so that they can be properly scaled

    ReplyDelete