Monday, October 13, 2014

David Billings: Assignment 3 Serial Slices

For this assignment I decided to slice a robot head I had modeled previously, this robot head was inspired from the storm troopers in the star wars franchise. It was modeled in Maya.

Here is the slice pattern for the robot head laid out on the cutting grid, I have taken out the hollow void that is originally in the model in the head in order to have a solid structure for the support rods to go through.
Below is the comparison in rhino between the original model and its sliced shaded counterpart.
 below are the keyshot renders of the sliced version, I chose this material because wood is a material that can be sliced using a lazer cutter and if I wanted could re-create it in wood. the lighting I chose was to better differentiate the individual layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment