Sunday, October 12, 2014

Philip Barker - Assignment 2: Flashlight

For my flashlight I had some issues using rhino. I decided to work on function more than artistic. My first step was to thin out the wall to reduce the cost of printing.

 I took the existing example and reduced the thickness of the plane. I added some vertex points and adjusted the cone. Next added some intruding the extruding circles in a pattern. After that I applied a revolve to make the sleeve. I then used the fillet tool to round each of the edges. On the thicker edges I applied a large amount and on the small and inner parts I applied the fillet lightly. Lastly I used the array and Boolean tools to added cylinder intrudes and finished with a fillet.



For keyshot I decided to go with a stainless steel to mimic a maglite.


No comments:

Post a Comment