Monday, October 6, 2014

Bill Watts: Project 3: Serial Form



Influence:
For this piece, I was inspired by the beauty and proportions of the female form. I decided to take an abstracted approach, drawing inspiration from mermaid style dresses that are tight across the legs and widen out as they approach the ground. In developing my proportions for Feminine Array, I emphasized elements of the female form in relation to how often I perceive them being focused on the media deluge modern individuals are subjected to daily.

Modeling:
Modeling this form began with a revolved curve that I maintained the history on in order to easily tweak the general shape after the revolve. Once I was happy with my base shape, I manipulated the control points of my mesh to achieve the form I was looking for.
As far as materials, I chose to use a wooden material in order to utilize the wood grain to accentuate the curves of my geometry. Oak gave me a decent grain by default and I tweaked the scale of the texture to my liking.



No comments:

Post a Comment