Sunday, October 26, 2014

Nick Benke: Slots



I knew that i wanted an interesting over all shape, but still something that can be easily repeated.  I wanted to go with a more triangular shape for my over all design.  I really liked the idea of being able to stack protractors on top of each other and arrange them in interesting repeating patterns.  
For a more triangular shape i wanted to have a variation that looked more like a space ship with out the hypotenuse of the triangle. The shape of my pieces are intended to resemble space ships. The above picture is taken form Bungie's newest game Destiny, as one of the ships you can fly in the game. 
This picture shows some of my thought process of how i wanted the shapes to look. I only used the three i though looked the best. I also wanted to make sure that since i have a fairly odd shape that i allowed for multiple connection points to allow for as much creativity as possible. 

This shows my final layed out pieces.  Also i added in some more variations on the same original shape to fill in the extra space. 



No comments:

Post a Comment