Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bradley Cruse: Assignment 2 Untitled (Totem)

Week 4: Began conceptualizing assignment 2.
Week 4 + 5: Sculpted model and ran into a Boolean issue in ZBrush so I conceptualized a new model and modeled/sculpted it.
Week 6: Printed assignment 2.
This assignment was the flashlight cover. At first I sculpted out a mesh where a man was in agony and the light was coming out of him, however the boolean kept glitching out in ZBrush so I had to make a different model. For the second model I made a totem-esque column. I'm predominantly interested in the figure, but don't get as much portrait practice as I would like so I referenced old/grotesque man heads that are full of character. I look at people like Da Vinci for influence. Below is an exported obj from ZBrush.  I usually sculpt in ZBrush and export straight as an stl.


Again, like in project 1, I like to look at Katharina Fritsch as another influence.
Art Now Vol 4 p. 157

If this was a column in a gallery the face would be about eye-level and ominously judge the audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment