Monday, October 6, 2014

Blake Philley - Project 2 Flashlight Sleeve

I modeled my flashlight sleeve after old turrets used in medieval castles. I was hoping to put more detail into it, but I needed to cut back on my model to keep the price down. That and my ability to model in rhino is still pretty limited and I was hoping to use this project as a chance to practice my skills in rhino and learn the program better.

This was more of the look I was going for, but I couldn't get it to work very well with my abilities in rhino. I couldn't get stranger windows or the small locations that would have been used for shooting arrows through.




I specifically placed a small ring on the inside to hold the flashlight in place when it's placed inside the sleeve. Other than that I used mostly the Extrude tool and Boolean tool to get the results I wanted. I made the bricks by using Array along Curve to duplicate some rectangles and place them along the cylinder properly so I could boolean them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment