Saturday, October 11, 2014

David Chiu - Project 2: Flashlight Tube




For the flashlight, I decided to model my flashlight based on a castle keep, but halfway through I decided to instead fashion it like a chess piece, naturally, the rook.

I revolved the guide curves in the template file and exported it into Maya. Unfortunately, the imported model had 27 sides and several inconvenient triangles, so I made a new cylinder and overlaid it on the imported model. I then made the bricks one extrusion at a time.

Because of my modeling techniques, the model was one solid mesh, so I only used one layer in Keyshot. I chose a soft plastic black color because I wanted to make the flashlight look similar to a chess piece.



The bricks turned out real nicely. Unfortunately, the flashlight barely fits in the tube, and now I can't get it out. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment