Saturday, October 11, 2014

Nick Adams - Project 1 - Model for 3D print

This is my first project and I decided to create a helmet to 3D print below is my inspiration for this project. I am gonna have to be a bit honest here I mostly decided to create this because I am interested in fabricating armor and on a large scale I don't think 3D printing is the cheapest way so I will probably do this in card stock or as recommend E-flute cardboard


And here is the model shaded in Maya shaded with wireframe. The modeling Techniques I used to model this was actually mostly shape. I started from basic shapes and slowly worked it to look how I wanted it to. There was some extrusion and extraction of parts of the mesh but other wise it was just placing edge loops and scaling until I got desired shapes.


I then brought this model into Rhino to check the edges


I then proceeded to assign each part of the model to a different layer and gave them separate materials so that it would be easier to mess with in Keyshot


Then I brought the model into Keyshot and then assigned the materials I wanted I decided to go with some slightly textured metal for the helmet an the base plate I used a brassy looking metal


Below is my Shape Ways verification








No comments:

Post a Comment