Saturday, October 11, 2014

David Chiu - Project 1: Fblthp, Totally Lost


For my first project, I decided to do a popular character from Magic: The Gathering.

Since it was a character, I first modeled a low poly T-Pose of the character because I didn't know whether or not I wanted to copy the pose in the picture. After I rigged it and gave some minimal controls, I then posed the character until I got him in a pose that I liked.

I added a small base for the character to stand on. Afterwards, I smoothed the model in Maya to around 500,000 tris, where I then made small adjustments near the elbows and knuckles to make them slightly sharper. In Keyshot I gave the model a plastic green texture, since it reminded me of the small plastic soldier toys.




Aside from the damage done to the base and the right elbow, I really like how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment