Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nathaniel Propp: Week6 Contour Scuplt






I was attempting to create a unique shape that had original sharp edges. I took these edges and manipulated them to create curves. I believe I was successful in trying to convert rigid geometry into a more organic hybrid shape. the hardest decision was to decide which direction to contour cut the shape. I decided to go with the horizontal cuts, because in my opinion it created a more interesting flow overall. While the vertical contour cuts drew too much attention to the twist perpendicular twist. Another challenge was to determine the orientation of the object. Despite challenges in placing the cores, I find it more interesting wit horizontal movement than vertical.
In KeyShot I chose glossy paint textures to reflect light and really show the twists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment