Sunday, October 5, 2014

David Norkiewicz: Project 3: Contour

For week 6, we were given the task of creating a geometric shape that could be sliced into pieces for laser cutting and assembly.

    I have contoured a model that I created in maya for laser cutting. The model, while simplistic, becomes difficult to piece together as it curves. However, with clever placement of the support pipes, the model would look great!


The overall model is a cube that was twisted in Maya, then sliced vertically sliced to provide the contour. The model was then given supports that will support the model as it turns.


The inspiration for this piece came from one of the several different lamps that I have stationed around my apartment. However, the overall shape has changed to be more rectangular.

I like the overall design, and am thinking to make a different version in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment