Saturday, February 22, 2020

Andrew Rowan: Week 5 Hammer


Concept: 
I based the hammer on a small Estwing hatchet I had when I was younger. The side opposite the blade had a widened face for hammering things.

Process:
First I built out my handle using curves to get the basic shape and work with points to finalize them. I wanted to use network surface to form the handle but could to get it to work so I settled for lofts. For the head of the hatchet I made a block of the proper thickness and extruded a curve to trim it. I extracted the curve for the curved cutting surface and sweeped the v shaped edge along the curve. I used boolean difference with the seeped section to form the edge.

Materials:
I chose a wood handle because that's what my hatchet had. For the head I used brushed steel for the unground parts of the metal. The parts that would be ground are a polished metal. This mimics a newly sharp blade on a dirty axe.

No comments:

Post a Comment