Monday, February 3, 2020

Emily Barry: Project 1 Castle

Concept
For my concept I started looking for castles that seemed like the classic medieval style, but with a fantasy twist.  I found this art by Jeremy Paillotin. I like that it was reminiscent to a traditional castle and the round shape was really interesting.

Process

I spent a lot of time figuring out the basic controls, but in the end I was able to make a very simple version of my inspiration. I found that the polar array command was super helpful and  I really like the snapping options that Rhino has. I ended up simplifying my castle and putting it on the ground so that it would have some context and not be floating in space.




Materials
Putting the materials on in Keyshot was very fun. For the outer walls I chose a granite and changed the colors so it was more gray. I wanted it to be a strong stone for the walls. The buildings inside the walls are made of a marble material. I chose this because it was is a pretty stone, but it also makes sense for castle walls. The roofs are done in a blue brushed metal. Blue is a royal color, and I like the slight texture that the metal had in addition to it's shininess. The gold metal complimented the blue and is a nice touch for the details. I actually used a velvet for the ground and changed it to be green. I didn't want it to stand out too much, but it needed to be reminiscent of the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment