Monday, February 3, 2020

William P. Goudreau: Project 1 Castle




Concept:
My "castle" is a fantasy style house based entirely on the concept art below. I have never worked with Rhino before so for this introductory project I chose to model based on reference material in order to force myself to learn the program. If I had designed my own castle I would not have been pushed to create more complex shapes or learn the tools to do so. Now that I have a moderate understanding of the program I can not wait to create my own designs going forward. 


Process:
I modeled this building in Rhino, primarily using primitives, duplication, curves, extrusions, and trimming. I also used more complex modeling tools such as bend, loft, planarSrf, revolve, dupEdge, distance, and more. Additionally, layer management played a large role in the modeling process. 



Materials:
The materials I chose are similar to the concept art but not exactly the same. Texturing is by far my weakest skill in terms of digital art so I was limited by my own ability as well as Keyshot's selection of materials. I attempted to match the concept art as best I could, but had to make some changes while still keeping the theme of the structure. I used wood on the roof instead of shingles and granite instead of bricks for the foundation.



No comments:

Post a Comment