Sunday, February 2, 2020

Tanaya Kumar: Castle


Tanaya Kumar: Castle


Concept: For my concept I wanted to create a castle that resembles a structure similar to castles you envision in children's story books from a far away fantasy land. I wanted to create a castle that has the traditional pillars and I wanted to incorporate curvlinear and rectalinear shapes to create a nice balance and a sense of cohesion. I accomplished this by including several curvlinear shapes such as spheres and cylinders as well as rectalinear shapes such as the rectangular prisms and truncated cones.


Modeling Technique: I used modeling techniques in Rhino such as Array Polar, Array Linear and Boolean Union. I used many other techniques such as scale, rotate, Ortho, Osnap, Gumball. I used array polar for the thin rectangular prisms around the cylinders as well as for the truncated cones on the middle of the castle. I also used Array Linear for the rectangular prisms along the sides and front of the castle. I also used Array Linear for the truncated cones on top of the rectangular prisms as well as for the entrance spheres.


Materials: I used metallic paint on most part of the castle such as the pillars, wall structure and entrance spheres to make the castle look majestic. I also incorporated some glass materials on some of the spheres to add an eye capturing look to the castle. I repeated some colors to create unity and balance in the composition of my castle. My castle includes pink tones to add a whimsical perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment