Monday, February 17, 2020

Jack Purcell: Project 3 Hammer

Concept
I wanted my hammer to be more of a sort of fantasy weapon then an actual hammer. I based it off of vintage rockets. The whole idea is that the trigger turns on the rocket and gives the hammer extra swinging power.
Process
I used the revolve command to create the head of the hammer and the body of the rocket. I used the pipe command to create the ring connecting the rocket and the handle along with the accents on the top and bottom of the hammer. I made use of the fillet edge tool to smooth the sharp edges all over the model.
Materials
I wanted the rocket to feel like one of those vintage rockets you see in 50s pop-culture, so I used a glossy white and red to emulate an enamel coating. The head of the hammer and the handle both use a chrome material because I feel it goes with the theme of the vintage rocket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment