Monday, February 3, 2020

Deanna Flores:Castle

Concept: My Castle is inspired by Machu Picchu in Peru. I wanted to replicate the tiered hills and the old buildings that blend with the landscape. To avoid creating too much geometry and making my overall composition overcrowded I concentrated buildings around the tiers to resemble the sun.



Technique: To create my castle I copied many elements over and over and used the rotation, move, and scale tools to create slight variations. In order to create the stairs embedded in the tiers I used the trim tool to remove the geometry in the cylinders and pyramids. For smaller cuts in the geometry such as the windows and door in some of the buildings I used curve boolean.



Materials: Machu Picchu is primarily stone and stone brick. I used slightly different textures between the tiers and the surrounding walls to keep the composition a little more interesting. The element that makes the model and Machu Picchu itself pop, is the vegetation in the castle. I could not find an adequate grass texture, so I simply used a plain colored texture in between the tiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment