Monday, February 3, 2020

Rahul Nair: Project 1: Castle

Concept:

My castle was at first not exactly inspired by anything. I was trying to learn the software so I ended up just making some shapes and seeing where it went. After I started to figure out my baseline, I decided to just tackle it like a Minecraft project. I pulled up some simple symmetrical castle images and just started making it from the bottom up. I really wanted to make the flag look good, that was important for some reason. I also wanted to have multiple spires and an imposing looking wall.

Final Model:






Process:

I spent a lot of time learning how to control the cameras specifically. From my experience with maya I knew how to navigate a 3D space and what direction to take when building my model just not how to actually execute it. I used polar arrays for the little outcroppings on the walls and then just used a lot of meticulous grid snapping in the three orthographic views. I used a few extrusions though honestly not that many as opposed to just new objects.




Materials:

I decided to make the castle look sort of toyish when it came the render. I used a matte whiteish concrete texture for the main body and then a contrasting marbley black for the details. The flag then had to be a bright red so it would really stand out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment