Monday, February 24, 2020

Eddy Martinez Project 2 3D Print



Concept: For the my 3D print I wanted to make a small scale of a playground geometric climber that you would find in parks and recreations. TopMod made it very simple to create a symmetrical structure that has a similar look to those that already exist to this day.








Process: In order to create the climber I started from a cube and made the overall structure of the climber the used dodecahedral extrusion to make the top of the climber as the new starting point. I the used the add handle tool to create an connect the top to the bottom and deleted the starting structure I had made in the beginning. To smooth out the structure I used doo Sabin to smooth the hard edges and finished it with wireframe modeling to create the holes and openings.



Materials:  For the material I went with a bluish hard plastic/metal and added a smudge texture to make the climber look like it was under use. For the environment I choose a typical gassy park area to place the climber.


No comments:

Post a Comment