Monday, February 17, 2020

Cameron Ouille Flashlight Hanfle

Concept

The concept for my handle was a mixture of 2 lightsabers, Kit Fisto and Darth Mauls. I took the sleek ends from Fistos and the buttons, grooves, and accessories from Darth Maul's.










Modeling Process

I began by using the base provided in class and utilizing Boolean Commands to shape the parts I wanted to keep. I then revolved the base to complete the basic design for the handle. I then utilized Boolean Difference to cut out rectangular shapes and Polar Array to make sure they were in the exact positions. I also added the flavor of the blue glass via the same method and added the button/jewel in the same fashion.

  

Materials

I chose to work with a Steel Brush to give it a nice shine followed by the bottom accents with Metal Blue and keeping in the blue theme, the button is also Polished Blue. These look similar to Darth Mauls accents but with a nice pallet swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment