Monday, February 24, 2020

Delaney Conroy: Week 7 3D Print

Concept: The inspiration for my design was these minimalist plant holders. I have a small glass that I have been using for propagation and wanted a way to incorporate it into this project. The constraints of this meant that I had to use exact measures of the glass itself, as well as allow for light to penetrate the design in order for it to remain functional for propagation. 


TechniquesIn TopMod, I played with the remeshing tools in order to get a tessellated design that I liked on the surface of my icosahedron base. I used the wireframe modeling 2 to make the thin but intricate detail across the surface. Next, because I knew I wanted this to exist on a flat surface, I used the cut by face tool to flatten one side of the model, before taking it into rhino and using the control points to remove the opposite face to create an opening. 

Materials:I chose an aluminum material to show the intricacy of details in this piece as well as emphasize a light feeling within the design and its scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment