Sunday, February 2, 2020

Marvin Robinson: Week1 Castle



Concept: My castle was inspired by the passion vine flower and the Space Needle. I designed this to be a tower that is comparable in size to modern day architectural skyscraper dimensions. I was inspired by the radial structure of the passion flower. 

Technique: I understood that the tower would be radial in nature so I had to understand how to use the array function. The interior rods and purple structures used to mimic petal have the array function. To create the petals use fillet and the bend tool to mimics shape and form. For the base use the extrude function for the height and the boolean function to subtract and join pieces. I want to use other that primitive shape so I took to extruding custom curves and then plans to create unique solids.
 
Materials: For the base I used to marble for structure. I used chrome for the spokes and gold for the bridge accents. The petal structure ranges from metallic, translucent, and matte purple to diversify the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment